January 28th, 2005

Owl Side

Phew....

So a while back, I had a hard drive failure and did all sorts of magic to fix it before simply transferring data and getting a new one. The problem, however, seems to be that I didn't transfer all the data I should have. Most notably, the updates I made in the last two years on my code for my mathematical linguistic model foo didn't make it. (Not to mention any record of recent statistical work on this stuff.) Which I didn't discover until today when I went to go run it on some new data.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

However, after gathering up the relevant statistics from arcane library books and coding like a mad thing, I now have reasonable code again. I'm redoing the stats at the moment, so I shall hopefully still be able to present my advisor with sensible numbers come Monday.