1. Go to Career Cruising, www.careercruising.com
2. Put in Username: nycareers and Password: landmark.
3. Take their "Career Matchmaker" questions.
4. Post the top twenty results
5. Put the careers you have seriously considered in bold
6. Put the careers that make you think "WTF" in itallics
Woo hoo - I win!
2. Music Teacher / Instructor
Especially if it was singing.
3. Foreign Language Instructor
What I originally thought I was going to be before I went to college, just like my mother.
4. ESL Teacher
Similar to the previous one.
5. Computer Programmer
What I thought I was going to be my first two years in college, before I discovered research.
6. Technical Writer
7. Special Effects Technician
8. Computer Trainer
Considered it briefly in high school, but thought the success rate was waaaay too low.
10. High School Teacher
11. Elementary School Teacher
Considered, but the age range of the children is too low for me.
12. Special Education Teacher
Sadly, I just don't have the patience.
13. Teacher Assistant
Was this in grad school.
14. Multimedia Developer
Because other cultures are cool.
16. Set Designer
17. Early Childhood Educator
Similar vein as elementary school teacher.
18. Costume Designer
I've always been meaning to learn to sew.
19. Computer Engineer
I'd be surprised this was so low, except I know I'm not really an engineer at heart.
20. Business Systems Analyst
Whoa, no, definitely not.